You may be a real exercise junky, religiously working out at least three times a week. You probably are lifting as much weights as professional athletes do in training, yet you just can’t seem to reach your goals somehow. So you start looking at your diet and decide to add more power bars to give you that extra oomph but, still you aren’t getting what you spend so much time working out for. So what’s left to do?
Have you ever thought that maybe you have been exercising all wrong? Have a look and see if you are doing any of these things listed.
- Could it be that when you are at the gym you are spending too much time socializing?At times, many persons spend an hour per session for workouts and during that time they only really do half hour of exercising. The rest is spent catching up with friends and chatting about the latest gossip. If you are guilty of this you need to cut the chatter, there is time to chit chat after you finish. If you are looking for a gym in Cranbourne, browse this page
- If after exercise sessions you feel tired and are having trouble sleeping you could be doing too much. As in all things moderation is key and so with your workouts. Overtraining can cause sleep problems, mood issues eventually have the opposite effect of what you are exercising for. Rest is necessary, for it is actually when your muscles are repairing themselves when they become stronger not during the actual workout. Some make certain that rest is a part of your exercise plans.
- If you are doing the same routine since you got your membership or for any extended period then you have an issue. If you keep doing the same routine or exercises your body will simply plateau and never change. You need to change it up every now and then to give your body a challenge. Also by changing your exercise process you will give one muscle set a rest and work out an entirely new set.
- It is very likely that you are doing it all wrong. All too often persons start using machines without getting the right instructions on how to use them. It is very likely that if you do an exercise wrong it will lead to injury. However, even if you do not get injured you will not get the best results from the exercise. So to avoid this ask for help, which leads to the final point.
- At every sports or health club there is a professional trainer there. This person is trained and qualified in health and fitness. So once you go to do some exercise before you start get the trainers advice on what exercise to do, how to do it and how much to do. This will not only help you get the best out of your exercise routines but will be a safeguard against injuries due to ignorance.
So if you find that you are guilty of one or more of the above you need to take a serious look on yourself and your exercise process. After all, it is pointless to be sweating and working like crazy and not getting the results.